Thursday, August 23, 2007

The rain, it never stops

There is a flash flood warning for Dane county from today to Saturday. And it was sunny for a bit this morning too. Le sigh. Well, at least this is bright:



I have some major love for this hat. The cables aren't perfect, and no hat looks fabulous on me (I have a HUGE head), but I love the yarn, love the pattern, love, love, love.
Anyway, here are the specs:
Pattern: Gretel by Ysolda, size medium.
Yarn: 2 balls Rowan Felted tweed in "rage", held double
Mods: mistakes, no mods.

Verdict: I love it. I have been looking for a cable-y hat pattern that I liked for awhile, and this fits the bill. And my gargantuan head. (Zim? anyone?)


Next on our tour:

Pattern: Cactus Blossom, by Kate Jackson, from the latest knitscene (also, you know you've been spending too much time looking for knitting stuff on the internet when you google search nothing but "cactus blossom" and fully expect a knitting pattern to be the first result), 40" chest.
Yarn: 4 skeins beige plymouth galway worsted, 2 skeins Patons SWS in natural earth.

Verdict: I think my shoulders are built in wuch a way that maybe yoked sweaters are not the best option. However, blocking helped a lot, and if I decide that I just can't deal with it, it will fit someone. I do like the colorwork though. This was by far my quickest sweater ever (about 6 days) due to a cold in July that made me want to do nothing more than watch Bones and knit all day. The colorwork with self-striping yarn is a faux-isler's dream.

2 comments:

DancingFish said...

Wow! Great sweater!

Unknown said...

It's lovely. I've also heard that yoked sweaters don't really fit anyone very well (which makes sense to me...).

And I quite like your searching anecdote. :)