Sunday, October 21, 2007

Pumpkin Time!



Stats:
Pattern: Wheat Ear Cable Yoke Pullover, from IK Summer 2006.
Yarn: Knitpicks Wool of the Andes in Hollyberry, 11-12 skeins I would guess
Size: 40"
Needles: 6,7,8, bamboo circs.
Mods: I knit the body in the round
Verdict: I really love it. I don't have a picture of me wearing it, since the boy was having issues with the camera, but it really is quite nice.

Now, in with the new....



So I got some beaverslide McTaggart Tweed a bit ago, and decided that I wasn't crazy about what I ordered it for, so it is now becoming a tilted duster! I wasn't nuts about the pattern before, but I saw some examples on ravelry, and they were great. The only problem is that Gauge was not going to happen, so I am knitting the 36" size to get a 40"-ish bust, and so far to the best of my calculations it is working out splendidly. We'll see what kind of mess I make out of it.

So the NSF is due soon (FUN!) as is a class project, so I should go and make sure that they don't suck. Also, I should cook the pumpkin in my kitchen (in my family pumpkins are for eating, not carving). I have a recipe for pumpkkin bread pudding. It should be awesome.

P.S. - I just bought the Holiday issue of IK today, and it is awesome. Go check it out, especially Brooklyntweed's rockin' hat.

Peace out!

2 comments:

DancingFish said...

Your sweater is beautiful! The color is fantastic. We are NSF-ing around here too but also always find time for baking =)

Leanna said...

ooh, i just got the holiday issue too (as well as a subscription :[ )... and i won't lie, i bought it specifically for the koolhaas hat. god that thing's amazing.