Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Of Course

When I am at work, I am perfectly capable of focusing on one thing at a time. For example, I am currently working on two experiments, giving each its due consideration each day and never ignoring one for the other. I definitely don't sit around all day thinking about how I am bored with my experiments and that there are all of these other experiments that are not only more interesting, but may actually bring more light and joy into my life and I have to start them RIGHT NOW.

However, that is how I seem to feel about my knitting.

With a considerable number of WIPs, (hint: I'm embarassed to put them all on ravelry) including the one that I cast on last night because I have to go to the dentist this morning and I hate that dentist and I should have whatever I want when I have to go get poked my metal things, I still somehow can't be happy with them. Some of them are beautiful, almost all are warm, and I would be proud to finish any of them and wear them with the happiness that they are due. However, even with all of that, all I can think of is this:



Damn you knitty. Damn you and your beautiful extra projects that would look amazing on me and probably be great to knit.

I want that sweater. I may even have yarn in my stash for it...

No comments: