Wednesday, February 06, 2008

On Winter



I was born and raised in a place which got winter. I went to college in a place where they got more winter. I like cold. I like snow.



I'm not sure that what is going on can be classified as winter anymore. More like blizzard season, or tundra-tastic, or something else in that vein. The boy aptly described the capitol as a "bus graveyard" when he got home. When I took the bus the driver pointed to one of the sorry group and said "See? Thats why I'm not pulling up to the curb."



That my friends, is the majestic lake Monona. Can't see it? I couldn't either. Let's be honest, oh favorite season of mine: if you have done something to make a pretty solidly midwestern town think that it is not an act of cowardice to shut down the public university and bus system, maybe you've gone a bit overboard.

However, I don't have to take Lucy the limulus-mobile out for a while (well, I won't, but who is counting, really?), and so I can kick back and enjoy the snow, since after all...



it is rather pretty.

No comments: