Wednesday, May 09, 2007

FOs!

Blogger keeps shutting down my web browsers (thats right, I tried two). This is not making me a happy camper. In any case, without any more delay, here is Sweet Lady Turbulence:

Specs:
Turbulence Pullover, from Knitting Nature in the 40" size.
Yarn: Knitpicks Andean Silk in Cream, about 2 balls under what the size called for in yardage (obviously you shouldn't use that as a guide). The yarn worked well though, it is soft and hasn't pilled yet, if in fact it will at all. I have a feeling that it resulted in a thicker fabric than the yarn called for, but I got gauge and I like thicker sweaters anyway.
Mods: Just that I made the body an inch longer, and I am really glad I did.
Verdict: I love it! It fits me perfectly, and the yarn shows off the unique cables well. I also really like using twisted rib as a border.

The sweater loving life outside. Spring has finally come in the midwest, and it is so sweet (or choice, as Mr. Bueller would say)


Also enjoying the great outdoors is Ms. Patrick's Provincial Waistcoat from IK 2006, knit with Knitpicks wool of the andes in lake ice heather, double stranded. The buttons came from The Sow's Ear, probably my favorite knitterly store near Madison. Oh, did I forget to tell you? I am going to UW for a microbiology PhD starting this fall (!). I'm very, very excited. Anyway, this little beauty (it is also warm to boot!) is going to my mom for mother's day - I hope she likes it! This was a very fun knit, the only mods I made were to knit the fronts and back at the same time after the armhole split instead of separately as the pattern called for, since I didn't trust myself to make them all the same length. I think it worked out just fine.


Finally, here are my jaywalkers, my first pair of socks. I actually finished them in December, but who is counting. They are in FA merino sock yarn in the Hercules colourway, and I love them - they are only getting softer and softer as I wear them. The pattern is great too, I just prefer socks with a little more ease since I have big feet. Eh, what can you do.

In other news, I have developed the worst case of senioritis known to man. I am graduating in a month, and I can't seem to do any work that doesn't involve knitting or going to the gym. *Sigh*. I am going to go nap on the couch. I mean work. On the couch.

Tomorrow is for WIPs!

Peace Out, Lovely people.

No comments: