Thursday, May 17, 2007

Meditative, or a Sign of some sort of Decrease in Brain Activity?



Hello. I am a tube of stockinette stitch. Am I not intriguing? Gaze upon my mysteries.


This lovely tube of boring is going to be the Lutea lace shell, from IK Summer 2007. I actually cast on for it the day after I got the magazine in the mail, with Blue Sky Organic cotton that I had in my stash. The thing about it is that I knew that it should be boring, but I couldn't stop knitting on it. Maybe it was the yarn (I love this stuff, just don't wear black while knitting with it) or my needles (addi turbos, I'm a convert), but I have pretty much been addicted to it. That is until I got to the unboring part, namely the lace. What do I find? An error in the lace charting. The thing is, there are a couple of ways to resolve it, and I don't know which one looks the best, so it has taken a lot of swatching. Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to show you how I got through it - I'm almost there.

Well, off to lab my lovelies.

Peace,
Elizabeth

No comments: