Sunday, September 09, 2007

Minimalist FO post



Pattern: Teva Durham's Ballet Pullover, from IK
Size: The one that is supposed to fit up to a 42" chest
Yarn: Wisconsin Highland Farms bulky, about 550 yards
Needles: #11 bamboo circulars and Dpns, #8 bamboo dpns for ribbing at cuffs
Mods: I made the body a little longer, the sleeves a little shorter, and did some ribbing at the cuffs, since I like to know that they are out of the way.



Verdict: I love the fit, especially after blocking (this picture is pre-blocking). However, I would do the ribbing on 9s if I did it again, since the cuffs aren't too tight, but they flashdance the collar a bit. I could fix this by doing the crochet border, but I kind of like how it looks. We'll see how it goes.



Pattern: Vog on! from knitty, by Aleta Fera
Yarn: Socks That Rock Mediumweight, in Algae
Needles: Knitpicks #2 metal dpns.
Mods: None, other than upping the yarn weight



Verdict: I love them. They're warm, are in some of may favorite colors, are girly without being annoying, and the colourway has a nerdy name to boot. Who could ask for more?

In other news, Leanna and I went to the Wisconsin Sheep and Wool festival yesterday. I was an excellent girl and kept in my budget, and then promptly blew the crap out of my promise to myself by buying yarn on my mom's dime today at the Sow's Ear. I would beat myself up about it, except that a) my mother in a fit of angelic behviour said that it was OK, and b) it was a result of hearing some bad/shocking news in a yarn store, causing me to have a desperate need to buy warm fuzzy sock yarn for people. No worries, everything is probably under control, and I will have a post about the pretty shinies I acquired.

Peace out my lovelies.

2 comments:

DancingFish said...

Sweater and Socks look great- Love the colorway!

Leanna said...

wow. the ballet pullover is gorgeous. was that the one you made out of the farmers' market yarn? it really is fantastic.

see you tomorrow!